
He wanted to go to McDonald's - his favorite restaurant. Yes, they do have McDonald's here.

He also wanted a Thomas the Train cake. I got a picture off of the web and, since our printer is down, I had to decorate the cake in front of the computer screen. I wasn't sure I could do it. I'm not a professional cake decorator and cake decorating isn't one of my joys - maybe partly due to living in a humid country where the icing runs very easily. This recipe was for "no run icing". It didn't run. But when I went to scout out my stuff for decorating I found that 2 of the decorating bags ripped up the seam. So I was left with one bag for several colors. So I would decorate with one color, wash the bag, dry it, and then put in my other color. It was quite a process.
We found some tubes of decorating icing that we got a while ago, but it was kind of gooey and very hard to get out. I pushed and squeezed and only a trickle would come out. After several hours of trying to get this cake decorated, Ryan saw my frustration. He sweetly said, "Mommy, you never have to make a Thomas the Train cake for me again." How sweet!
Through many dangers, toils and snares we came, but, thanks to Daddy's moral support and help in sketching it out, we did it! It wasn't perfect, but we had a little boy happy with his cake, and it tasted good.
2 comments:
Good job on the cake! Looks great. I never would have even ventured a task like that. Kaylee wanted a Lighting McQueen cake for her 3rd b-day. We made a sheet cake, put a road of brown icing thru the middle, and added matchbox cars to complete it. She liked it!
You did a super job on the cake. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!! Aren't kids great with how they help you when you think you've done a bad job at whatever. Such precious people.
Post a Comment