Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Water!

Whooohoooo!! We have water again! Our water has been shut off since Sunday due to a damaged pump for the community. We ran out of what was in our tank on Monday night. For the past few days we have been washing, bathing and flushing toilets from 5 gallon jugs that we keep on hand for times like this. It was interesting bathing out of a plastic container using a plastic cup.

Yesterday it rained, so we collected the water from the rainspout and used it. The neighborhood children were out standing under spouts while it poured catching their "shower". One boy came on to our front porch and I said, "You look wet." He said, "There's no water in the house." It was his way of saying "That was my shower." The kids here in the D.R. do that. It's funny to watch them standing under rainspouts, sometimes with a bar of soap, getting their "shower". I guess it's because they don't have water 24/7. It is common to go for weeks without water for a lot of them.

I'm looking forward to a real shower tonight. In this community we have more electric than at the mission house, but more water problems! But hey, you can't have it all. Gotta go catch up on laundry and cleaning that has been waiting for water! I have pictures to post of the recent activities, but that will have to wait for now. Gotta go make use of the water!

1 comment:

The Youngs said...

Oh, guys I am so sorry about your water situation. I would go nuts. God bless you. I hope you enjoyed your showers. I am enjoying your blogs. The blogging world can sure be interesting. Christine