Saturday, July 19, 2008

Recipe

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen here. There are so many things you either can't get or they're outrageous in price. I used to love brownie mix brownies better than "scratch" ones......until a missionary lady gave me this recipe. You can get brownie mixes here but they are more than I'm willing to pay, especially since this recipe is just as good and so easy. Regina is now able to make these herself and her Daddy and brothers are so glad! :-)

Best Brownies

1/2 c. oil or butter (melted) [I use oil.] (3/4 c.)
1 c. sugar (1-1/2)
1 t. vanilla (1-1/2 t.)
2 eggs (3)
1/2 c. flour (3/4 c.)
1/3 c. cocoa (1/2 c.)
1/4 t. baking powder (I just use 1/4 and then half of 1/4 t. for this one and the salt)
1/4 t. salt

Blend oil, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs. Beat with spoon. Add rest of ingredients. Spread in a greased 9" square pan. Bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes.

*I multiply everything by 1-1/2 to fit in a 9x13 pan. I put those measurements to the right of the ingredients.

Yummy!

No comments: