This year we got to spend our 12th wedding anniversary on a tropical island - something some people only dream of doing. :-)
Our neighbors agreed to babysit so we could go out for a few hours today. They are an American family who are also missionaries here. Doug and I went to Tony Roma's for lunch. It was delicious. Boy, I sure miss those summer U.S. burgers on the grill. Then we went and sat by the ocean. (Sorry, no pictures. We didn't want to be seen as "tourists" today.) It was so relaxing. I am always astounded at the ocean. It makes me feel so small and realize how big God is. We reflected on the past 12 years. I am a happy woman. I always wanted to have 4 children, stay at home with them, and be a missionary. I am currently doing all of those. I also know that I married the man God had for me. I love him more today than I did 12 years ago and look forward to the next 120 years together. :-)
I look back on my wedding day with great joy. It was the day of my dreams. I remember praying for a beautiful day that wasn't too hot and God granted my prayer. The bright blue sky was filled with puffy white clouds and it just seemed like God was smiling down on us. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
Living on a tropical island as a missionary isn't all glitter and glamor. In fact, most days it's a lot of hard work with cultural frustrations. Even with the frustrations, I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else. We are content to be in the center of the Lord's will and will stay here as long as He bids.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment