Saturday, January 31, 2009

Miscellaneous pictures & blessings

I thought this rainbow was very pretty.

Jimmy is the church janitor, guard, and helps visit the young people - pictured with 3 of our children and another little girl who wasn't looking at me. :-)
It is always amazing to see how the Lord provides. We are not ones who are quick to run to the store everytime we need something. We try to be very careful and good stewards with the money God has provided for us through supporters. When we need something, we pray about it until we feel clear to purchase it new or until we find it at a reasonable price. These were 3 examples of things the Lord provided for us that we had been praying about.

We had wished for a large patio blind to cover our patio door as the neighbors can see into our office from their house. They do not have what we were looking for here and to ship them in would cost about $40. We were very happy to find these from another missionary leaving the country for $10. Now our office is private from the neighbor's.

Our old bedspread desperately needed to be replaced. Again I was happy to find this bedspread from a missionary leaving the country. I was thinking of having one shipped in, but it would have cost me triple the money.
Before Christmas, I prayed the Lord would supply a chair for our living room. Up to this point, we only had a sofa. The children and I would sit on the couch and Doug would sit on the piano bench for family devotions. When we had guests, we would pull over a few chairs from the dining room to make do. I just felt like a chair would make our living room more homey as well as give an additional seat. I saw this chair at a missionary moving sale and liked the color but saw that the material was pretty worn so I didn't really want to purchase it that way. It ended up the man couldn't get rid of all of his things and just a few weeks before they were to leave the country, he GAVE us this chair! It is a good sturdy chair, even though the fabric is worn, but I figured I could have it recovered sometime.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't God good!!! Thanks for sharing your answers to prayer. It encourages me to "keep on keeping on". I especially like your new quilt and the chair looks so comfy. Wish I could come for a visit and try it out ;) Praying for you guys!