Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lovely tropical temperatures

We are immensely enjoying the beautiful weather we've been having this week - absolutely gorgeous. Clear blue skies, sunny, temperatures in the 70's or low 80's, low humidity, breezy, cool nights.......mmmmm........we're loving it.

I don't write this to make you northerners jealous, it's just when it gets this nice here, it's worth sharing the news! :-) We're even keeping some of our living room windows closed all day long.

We actually had an overnight low of 63 degrees the other night. The kids said they got cold in their beds and I even had to put on some fuzzy socks in the morning as my toes were cold. The water was COLD that morning. Thank the Lord for a hot water heater!!

I was talking to a Dominican girl about the weather and she said, "It's so cold. It's not easy to bear." I laughed and told her I wish it would be like this all year round. She said, "Oh no, not me." To the Dominicans this is freezy. They can't begin to comprehend temperatures like that of your freezer.

We don't eat a lot of soups here because it's generally too hot, but this past week I dug out the soup recipes.

We haven't run our AC one time since we've been in this house - partly because it didn't work after they moved it :-( and it's still not fixed - and partly because the weather has been lovely this winter. It has saved tons on our electric bill.

They said in one of the towns up in the mountains it got down to freezing 5 times this winter. Even the water froze. I doubt the people knew what to do! It does get down to freezing there ocassionally in the winter - but not 5 times!

Wanna come visit us? There's always room for one more.

My mom and brother are coming to visit next week. I think they're going to like this weather....if it continues.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I found your blog again. It's been great to catch up with you, and glad to see that you're doing well.

Annette said...

I sure do wish that I could come and visit you guys! We think about you all often and trust that all is going well for you.