Wednesday, January 02, 2008


The stairway with a bathroom off to the left. To take this picture I am standing in the corner of the living room (no picture shown). The door to the right goes into the kitchen.


An upstairs living room with doors out to the patio. It is quite common for the middle class people to have 2 living rooms. We're using this one for a school room/office area.

Another shot of the office/school room.

The "backyard". See why we hesitated about room for the children to play?

The "side yard". At least it's a concrete pad where they can ride bikes and scooters.

4 comments:

sankey family said...

I love the pictures of your beautiful new home - it looks so clean and spacious! And the cabinets and counter tops!! (I'm a little jealous...lol) Thank God for providing this special blessing for your family!

Melodie

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

We are enjoying it! I do feel a bit "guilty" at times to have such a nice house, BUT it was the cheapest we found and was in a secure neighborhood (which was one of our desires) AND instead of feeling ashamed, we feel BLESSED by the Lord to fulfill the desires of our heart. Also, this came after years of sacrifice by living in an environment that many others (including the missionaries here) say was "very hard."

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

We are enjoying it! I do feel a bit "guilty" at times to have such a nice house, BUT it was the cheapest we found and was in a secure neighborhood (which was one of our desires) AND instead of feeling ashamed, we feel BLESSED by the Lord to fulfill the desires of our heart. Also, this came after years of sacrifice by living in an environment that many others (including the missionaries here) say was "very hard."

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

Oops! How did I do that? I can't figure out how to get it off. :-(