Tuesday, May 12, 2009

April birthdays

I can't believe he's 10!!!! This cake was rather easy. Daddy once again helped me do the bat and the little strings on the ball. The bat is supposed to be the "1" and the ball is supposed to look like the "0". What a special boy he is! We pray He will always serve Jesus and use his talents for Him!
All of our children with the birthday boy.
We allowed him to invite some friends over and we served them cake and drinks. Ice cream is not common at birthday parties here as it is very expensive.
My birthday is also in April. I made my own birthday meal - fried chicken, hash brown casserole, and salad. Just what I wanted! It was a nice change of pace from our normal fair.
I also made myself a Philly cheesecake. It was very delicious but it had 2 problems - 1) it got all way too fast and 2) it was VERY expensive to make! It cost me about $15.00 US for all of the ingredients and that was using off brand cream cheese that was even on sale! I'd love to make another one but I'll wait till I get back to the U.S. where I can find the ingredients cheaper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Kim. May you have many more!