Saturday, May 24, 2008

Goodies

I tried something neither my Gram nor my Mom have ever made - homeade English muffins. I got hungry for them and since they cost about $6.00 a pack, I would try to make my own. It was fun to watch how they began to look like real English muffins on the griddle.

The finished product. They really looked and tasted great!
While we were in PA, my sister took me to a "high" tea for my birthday. They had a yummy strawberries and cream tea that I loved! I was delighted to find this tea here.....and it was even decaf....my preference. It was a real gift from God and I enjoyed every sip!
Maybe you never really know what it's like to crave certain things until you've been in another country where they are not availabe. I LOVE vanilla Coke and have missed being able to have it. The day before my birthday, we stopped at a different grocery store, and I was amazed to find this can! Since it was the day before my birthday, I felt justified to indulge. :-) It was oh so good. If we ever get back to that store again, I just may have to get another can or 2.

I have to think how God gives His children the desires of their hearts. He has dropped so many little blessings on us the past few months. I have concluded that if he cares about strawberry tea and vanilla coke, then He has to be working on the big things we're praying about, too!

4 comments:

Roberta said...

Dear Kim,
Your homemade English muffins look delicious, like the "real thing"!

I'm glad you found the box of strawberry tea, which reminds you of the fancy birthday tea you had in PA with your sister. And how nice of the Lord to have the tea decafeinated, since that's the kind you prefer. I get together with some Christian friends about once a month for tea. We usually go to a tea room for lunch. At home, tho', my daughters and I have hot tea almost every day. We can buy boxes of specialty teas at a salvage store for 75 cents a box of 20 tea bags. This afternoon one of my tea friends came to our house with her husband who is doing some carpentry work for us. We sat at the kitchen table and had banana bread, fresh strawberries, and drank two large teapots full of tea!

Enough about me. I enjoy your blog--seeing the pictures and reading about your life in the D.R. and your thoughts on various subjects. Am glad you have the new house with all its amenities, and were able to get the Legos and books at your missionary friends' moving sale.
Am praying for you daily. Love, Roberta Miller

Rex and Missy McDowell said...

I hope that I can find some Mountain Dew in Costa Rica!

The Youngs said...

Kim,
Your English muffins look really good. You might have to send me the recipe. We got your comment on our blog. Hopefully we can keep up on each others lives a little better. The Youngs

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

We haven't found Mountain Dew here yet, or root beer. I've heard that one store carries root beer sometimes, but we've never seen it.

Thanks for all your comments.