We have 2 of the greatest mothers in all the world. My mother, unknowingly, raised me to be a missionary. It is especially real to me today as I see those living merely to rise economically. My mother lived a simple life, yet was always happy and content with what she had. She used the little money she earned wisely, using it first for the needs of her family. She did not teach us to live for wealth or fame, but to have only what is necessary. She gave away all she could to others. She did not hoard, or buy things she really didn't need. She was thrifty in every sense of the word and trusted God to supply the rest. My mother taught me some of the most important lessons in life.
She taught me to live by faith. She has her stories of how God provided when she and Daddy didn't know where the money would come from to make ends meet. That increased my faith which is very helpful today in being a missionary.
She taught me to finish the job. She would often say, "You just have to stick at it." That taught me that even when I didn't feel like doing something or didn't see how I could get it done, perserverance would get me through.
She also taught me patience with others. I would often hear her say, "You just have to look over them" when someone committed an error. She was patient and gracious.
I thank God for a Godly mother who taught us to live for God and not for worldy gain. She has never resisted God's leading in our life, but always been helpful and supporting.
I also thank God for my mother-in-law who has also taught me many lessons from her example. She, like my mother, lives a simple life and is content with what she has. She has always been encouraging to us as a couple, been willing to help in whatever way she could, and never stood in the way of our decisions.
On this Mother's day, I thank God for the 2 mothers in life that helped mold us into who we are. To both, we say "Happy Mother's Day" and we love you!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi! I saw you left a message for me on Kara's blog. I need your e-mail address in order to send you an invitation to my blog. I'm not sure why it didn't go through when you tried to e-mail me. You can try again or just put your address on here and I'll check back and get it. Thanks! Hope all is going well for you. Jaime
jnicoleschultz@yahoo.com
Post a Comment