
Well, it's been a busy past few weeks. There is much I could post this evening. But since the next few days are full and it is late tonight, I will simply wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanks to Agape flights, our mail service, we can enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving meal. For the missionaries who spend Thanksgiving away from home, they give a bag of Thanksgiving goodies. Mmmmm! We will certainly not let this go to waste! These items can be purchased here, but are very expensive. The turkey would cost over $40; the other items cost about double what we pay in the States. So we're very grateful to enjoy these foods that we would otherwise not be able to afford.
We will be spending Thanksgiving day with some other Americans here in the capital. We will all pitch in to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings.
2 comments:
Wow, nice benefit from your mailing service. Does Dave know about this? He's signing up for Agape, too.
Those treats look wonderful! I can relate completely. I am blessed to have 3 nice grocery stores in Salamanca, but still there are lots of items I can't get or would have to part with one of my arms to buy!
We have been praying about your housing situation. Do you have an update?
Melodie
Post a Comment