It's hard to believe how much time has gone by since I last posted! Life has a way of keeping on.
We had a wonderful Christmas! I think every year at Christmas our family experiences a Christmas miracle. I remember several years ago when we were living in the US and D. could not find a job. We were living on pure faith. It was a very difficult time and yet our faith was deepened as we watched God provide at every turn! We look back to that year with fond memories of what the Lord did for us.
I remember several miracles about that Christmas. I remember I was just about out of dish soap, liquid cleaner that I used to clean my floors, and laundry detergent. I know it sounds silly, but I don't think we had the money to buy it. God showed His amazing love and provision when one of my close friends came to the door with a gift bag. She said, "I had no idea what to get you for Christmas, but I thought you would use these." Would you believe in the bag was a box of detergent, Mr. Clean, and dish soap?!!!! I was amazed!
That same Christmas I had a newborn baby and I was feeling overwhelmed with getting little sleep at night, taking care of a 3 year old, a newborn, and homeschooling 2 children at that time in 1st and 2nd grade. Somehow I managed to make a batch of Hershey kiss cookies - our favorite Christmas cookie. It was the only kind I was able to get made with juggling everything and everyone else.
I felt the Lord nudge me to take a plate of the kiss cookies to a lady who had lost her son in an auto accident that spring. I had been in touch with her trying to show love and sympathy to her. She was not a Christian. I hesitated fixing a plate of cookies with the only cookies I knew I would likely get to bake. But I obeyed the Lord.
That Sunday I fixed up the plate of cookies for the lady to drop off at her house after church. Meanwhile, a lady from church came up to me and told me she had something for me after church. To my astonishment, she handed me a plate of different kinds of cookies. She said, "I imagined you were so busy, you wouldn't have time to bake. So enjoy these." I could not believe it! The cookies I did not have time to bake were now handed to me!
We have found that God cares about Christmas. That same Christmas I so badly wanted to get gifts for our families - not because I felt I had to, but because I wanted to show my love and appreciation for them by giving to them. I took it to the Lord and He so amazingly provided! I was able to find gifts for just a few dollars. As I prayed about it walking through the stores, the Lord seemed to lead me to the right gifts. As I handed out the gifts, the receivers really liked them and stated that it was such a lovely gift. I felt they probably liked them more than if I had spent a lot of money.
We had another Christmas miracle this year. But I'll save that for another time since this one is getting long.
Whatever miracle you may need, God cares - even about the small things and He is so capable. He just wants us to bring it to Him. Too many times we lean on ourselves instead of on Him. He will not force us to lean on Him if we want to handle it ourselves. But when we leave it to Him, He proves how big He is.
If you haven't experienced a Christmas miracle this year, I hope you will some year.
If you have experienced a Christmas miracle, I'd like to hear about it. Feel free to comment or send me a message.
Monday, December 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment