B. with his Bible
R. with his Bible
After we opened gifts, we had our favorite brunch - vegetable fritatta - a one dish meal (except for the meat). I would have had sausage links with it, but I could not find them at the store. A neighbor brought us some kind of deep fried fish croquettes or something - so that was our meat. :-) They were tasty.
Another neighbor brought us this on Christmas day. A cake that was delicious and a plate of "pastelitos" (deep fried dough filled with chicken, onion, carrot mixture), and quipes. My neighbor makes the best pastelitos and I think they are my favorite Dominican food.
For our Christmas supper (just our family) we had ham, (pictured left and going around clockwise) pastelito from my neighbor, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, the special Christmas telera bread, Christmas jello, and pork - leftover from what we had with the Domincan family on Christmas Eve. It was a wonderful American meal that delighted our taste buds!!
No comments:
Post a Comment