Thursday, July 16, 2009

No Sweat

So glad to be out of this heat and humidity.

From Accuweather in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic:

Thursday, Jul 16
Some sun with a couple of showers. Winds from the NE at 8 mph.
High: 91 °F
Realfeel®: 111 °F

We are enjoying very lovely July weather here in hometown, USA. I realize it may be hotter in some parts of the U.S., but where we are, it is lovely! Maybe you can come visit us. :-)

Here are some random thoughts about being out of the sweltering Dominican heat:

*We find it strange for people to run air conditioners when the high is in the 80's.

*We've been chilly at night.

*We've noticed that we don't need to drink as much water or juices through the day.

*I've not had the daily pounding headaches I started getting for the past month in D.R. - perhaps due to heat exhaustion.

*We are not dragging all day long due to the intensity of the heat.

*The weather we are in right now is like our winter in the D.R.

*We can actually go the whole day without sweating!

*We are not dirtying as much laundry because we're not soaking our clothes with sweat.

Yes, this change is nice. But I don't know if I'm looking forward to winter. I think my internal heater broke down.

1 comment:

Beth Stetler said...

i've been freezing since we've been back in the usa. :o)