Just 11 days prior to our departure date here, God has come through!! We got a phone call and it looks like God has provided us with a place to live. It is located right where we thought we wanted to be, and is everything we were praying for (except for a dishwasher, but hey, we'll survive). :-) God is soooooo good!
Last Monday I had a wonderful time in prayer about a place to live. I came to the resolution that I was HIS and He would take care of us. It is a wonderful feeling to be HIS - ALL HIS - and know He is going to provide. I thought of the children and how they didn't even worry about where we were going to live. They knew Mommy & Daddy would find something and they were enjoying life in the meantime. How much we should be like that - enjoying life all the while trusting our Heavenly Father to meet our needs! As I sang and tried to praise Him while I was packing, I had to believe He was working behind the scenes. And He was! Many times the verse came to my mind - "Faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1) I was definitely out on a limb, hoping and praying for something, but I didn't have any evidence for it!
The Lord gave me verses from His Word daily like "I will make streams in the desert." I chuckled when one day I read, "I will bring a treasure out of the secret places." I held on to the reassurance He was giving me and even though time was running out, I kept trying to believe (It wasn't always easy) He was working something out.
How many times we miss God's blessing because we take the situation into our own hands. We think we're running out of time and panic, make a quick decision, and end up missing what God was working out for us. I have learned God is NOT in a hurry. He works much slower than what we think, but He's always on time - never late, and He always has the details worked out perfectly. That's my God!!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Praise the Lord for finding you a house!! I've been praying about this, so your report was a real boost. Yes, we need to trust Him in the way that children do, instead of worrying. My husband and I, too, have found in our past moves, the truth of your last three sentences. Love, Roberta
so glad this worked out!!
Post a Comment