Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Kitchen tip
Did you know you do not have to cook the noodles for lasagna before you assemble it? You don't even have to buy the specialty noodles that you don't have to cook. I buy the regular kind - that's all there is here anyway. I just add a little water to the sauce to make it "saucy". Apply the sauce directly on the layer of noodles, making sure it covers every part of the noodle. If there are parts not covered, they will be hard. Assemble the rest as usual. Cover and bake for one hour. (If you do not cover it, noodles will not cook). If desired, uncover after 1 hour and bake a little longer. It is a real time saver and easy dish to prepare with avoiding this extra step. Try it and let me know how it works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sure glad that you guys have electricity most of the time now and are able to keep us updated on your lives, even giving us cooking tips!! Way to go, Kim!! :-)
Post a Comment