Thursday, March 30, 2006

Spring sensations

Well, today it feels like spring here in this "neck of the woods." Spring is my favorite season here. In the D.R., my favorite is winter simply because it's the only time of the year that is "bearable."

We spent the first day of spring enjoying a free Italian Ice from Rita's. It was 37 degrees. We weren't the only crazy ones. There was a lot of other people joining us. We ate our Italian Ice in the van with the heater on.

I think I finally figured out this spring thing. Last year I was totally surprised and taken back that spring had changed from the 21st of March to the 20th. Or was I just mistaken? As I recall when we left 7 years ago, the first day of spring was the 21st. Well, I even heard the weatherman say that the first full day of spring was the 21st. So....it just might be that the 20th is when "Spring begins" and that the "First day of spring" is on the 21st. I don't really know, but I am glad that spring is here!

No comments: