Monday, October 17, 2011

God is abundant!

Last week I heard the statement, "God is abundant". As a child growing up in the U.S. I didn't really have to do without a lot of things. However, I did grow up in a simple family who was very frugal and trusted God for what we did not have. I watched God provide for our needs time and again which helped to build my faith for my life as a missionary.

So I've always known God is abundant. But on the mission field you have lots and lots of times (sometimes daily) to put your faith out there and see if God will come through yet again. And - the great news is - He always does!

I have prayed for everything from food to furniture and God has provided so many desires of my heart - some things I really didn't even NEED, but I just desired. Some of those times were when I was secretly praying and did not tell anyone what I wanted but God heard and answered my prayer!

I have learned that when you have a chance to prove God, He will prove Himself! Up until this point in America, we've had things pretty much at our fingertips. We haven't had to trust God - really. But with the current economic crisis, some are in very hard places. I just want to challenge you that God is abundant and He does provide our needs when we wait and let Him. So many times we run ahead and try to "help" God and miss the blessing that He had just around the corner if we had waited for it. I have found that when I wait on Him (sometimes really wondering how He's going to pull this one off), He DOES come through! And all of the waiting was more than worth it!

Last week was one of those times - I put God to the test and He came through again! That's MY God!

How about you? Have you waited on God and found His provision? God is abundant!

No comments: