Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Still alive and well

Hello! I really am still alive! Sorry for the delay in posting. Our computer crashed just before we returned to D.R. and we had to reset everything. That has delayed me in getting pictures posted. I have to learn how to access them as we installed a new program or something. So.....photos will be coming. We have exercised much patience the past 2 months with electronics etc.

2 comments:

Benjamin McDowell said...

Sorry to hear about all the trouble with technology! It's great when it works and terrible when it doesn't!

Hope everything is going well for you in the DR!

The Dickinsons said...

Kim, Thanks for your comment on my blog. (I like y'all's blog background, very nice!)
About the plantains (platanos) I didn't tell it in my blog, but they make them here in Bogota without toppings. You see the whole platano fried is a Cartagena speciality, and that is why the church people from there sent us them. Those are the ones they top with toppings. (Cartagena is a coastal city about 24 hours from Bogota.) Here in Bogota, they just fry pieces of platano twice and make the simple patacones that are similiar to french fries. Yes, the salty warm/hot water was a trick that one of the Cartagena church ladies showed Phillip. He was asking her how to make patacones so he could show me when he got home. She said that that is how the salt stays on them. So after you fry them the first time until they are tender, then dip them in the hot salty water, then fry them again to the desired browness/crsipness. Wish we could be together and do this and have a long visit! Wouldn't that be fun? =) Sorry about y'all's computer problems. I hope that all is fixed soon! God bless y'all!