Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A few pics from January

I don't know where a week goes anymore. I apologize for saying I'd try to post pictures from January over the next week. I think it turned into the second week. :-) I actually had a few "free" minutes this afternoon and I was so stunned I had to decide what to do - bake cookies, catch up the blog, etc. etc. I decided to do the blog, but it will take me 2 hours to load all of the pictures. So......until time allows again, here are a few shots from January. Jonathan evidently fell one night and sprained his arm, or at least thought he did. He babied it a lot, so Doug put this "cast on" (made out of a splint, a sock, and medical tape). The next morning we took it off and J's arm was amazingly "healed".
We joyously bought some gifts for three fatherless children in our church and gave them on King's Day - the traditional gift giving day here - January 9. Joanna, pictured above with her baby, seemed like she didn't know what to say. Her mother said, "You act like that's the nicest gift you ever got." We imagine that it probably was as her mother and grandmother struggle financially to care for these children.

Abner, Joanna's brother, got a set of legos.

Brandon helped Abner put the plane together.

Abner flying his plane.
I got a picture of Genesis, their older sister, who got the game of Life, but it turned out very dark and you could not see her well. So I didn't post it.

No comments: