Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We are still on the map folks! Between blackouts and being busy, blog life just hasn't been happening.

We are "freezing"! It is a "chilly" 73 degrees. We've had days in the 70's and sometimes not even making it to 80. The children have been putting on 2 and 3 layers of shirts in the evenings to keep warm. It has been a pleasant break from the 90's and 100's. It even gave us a festive feeling. We decorated for Christmas already.

We will be spending Thanksgiving with some other American missionaries in the capital. We will all enjoy a break from school!

God has been helping us and moving among us and I have much to post. Until then, here's my "I'm thankful for" list:

a Christian family & heritage
salvation and promise of eternal life
a wonderful husband
4 healthy children
a beautiful house
the privilege to serve God on the mission field
our supporters
Christian teachers, preachers and leaders who influenced me
friends
hot water (we didn't always have this and boy has it been nice these cool evenings!)
an automatic washer and dryer
wonderful neighbors
food to eat (especially in this country as you see those who don't have enough to eat)
health and strength
the joy of homeschooling and raising my children

and many, many more!!!

I will try to post - maybe over the weekend since we won't have school!!! Hurrah! Can you tell I'm excited? Teachers look forward to the break just as much as students!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: