Friday, October 03, 2008

Sweating it out

I have not been blogging much recently. The past few weeks have been incredible. Just to survive has been a challenge. We have had multiple electric and water outages (thank the Lord for that 500 gallon tank of water on the roof - it has already been used!), and one day we had our phone lines out. That has kept me bouncing between striving to get the household chores done and keeping up with the rest of the schedule.

Now that the storms have passed, we have had extreme heat the past few weeks. We are still seeing temperatures of 86 outside when we got to bed at night and it is 90 degrees inside. It makes it a little tough to sleep since they are now turning the electric off in the middle of the night, too. Last night it was off for 6 hours. We had the children in our room so they could enjoy the AC, and then when it shut off, we were all tossing and turning and the children were fussing because they were hot. Nights like that carry into the day and make the daily duties like school etc. a challenge. Life is never boring here! :-)

I know it sounds very simple to you, but if you think of it, would you help us pray that the electric would at least stay on all night so we can sleep comfortably? It sure makes a difference in how we function through the day. If it were just Doug and I, we could handle it better, but when the children don't sleep, they have a hard time applying their minds to school. I've always said we could handle the demands and heat of the day if we can just sleep through the night.

I'm sorry I talk so much about heat, but it is a major factor that we have to deal with here daily. I think we're going to have mandatory nap this afternoon so we can get rid of some of those grumpies that are invading our home.......if the electric stays on! :-)

3 comments:

Steve Hight said...

Hey, I understand about the heat! I HATE to be hot -- I'd rather be chilly any day. You can always put on more clothes or do jumping jacks or something to warm up. How far can you go in removing clothing to cool down? And the more you move, the hotter you get.

"Lord, please get their electricity back on at night so they can sleep better in the hot weather. Amen."

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you!

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

Thanks for your prayers!!