Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Vegetable Frittata

Can you tell I have time to blog today? The children are finished with school, Doug is away at a meeting, and while some homeade donuts are rising, I actually have a chance to catch up.

Here is the recipe for a delicious frittata that I made recently.

3 T. vegetable oil
1-1/2 c. finely chopped zucchini
1-1/2 c. chopped mushrooms
3/4 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. finely chopped broccoli
3/4 c. chopped green bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
6 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. half and half (I used milk and it was fine)
2 pkgs. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 c. shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
4 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
1 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Heat oil in skillet - add vegetables and saute until tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. Beat in cream cheese until mixture is smooth. Stir in other cheeses, bread cubes, sauteed vegetables and salt and pepper. Mix well and pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for one hour or until center is set. Can serve hot or cold.

No comments: