Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The lingering laundry

We're still alive. We were thankful for the rain the past few days in the middle of the afternoon which cut the heat. It also cut the dust from the street. They tore up the street out front in an attempt to repair it, but never repaired it. Piles of dirt were left. It made for a great dust storm. Euddy described the air as "yellow".

Getting laundry done here is about 3 times as complicated as it is in the Sates. When there is electricity, it is raining which makes drying it impossible. When it isn't raining, there is no electricity. It has piled up day after day leaving a mountain to do.

Yesterday morning I got up early and got a load in before the electricity went off. It worked. So I determined to do it every morning until I got caught up. Would you believe just when I awoke early this morning for yet another attempt, the electricity went off. I was distraught to think that my mound of laundry would have to lay yet another day because it would surely be raining this afternoon by the time the electricity came on again.

The Lord must have saw my broken heart, and surprisingly the electricity came on before noon and was on all afternoon. And, even though it looked like rain, it didn't rain. I was able to get it all dried outside! Thank you, Lord, for even the simple things that you care about!

2 comments:

twila said...

So glad that God looks at details, even laundry. May God bless and help you there. We have a blogsite at osikova.blogspot.com Hope your day is special.
Dave and Twila

Jeanne said...

Glad your safely there, and doing well.
We'll be watching your blog.