Friday, July 27, 2007

Happy anniversary to us - 11 years today


Since this weekend is busy with our conference campmeeting going on, we decided to take time to get away for our anniversary last weekend.
We went to an excellent bed and breakfast. They treated us royally! We really enjoyed our stay. If you're ever in the area, you might want to check it out. You won't be disappointed. They had very clean, attractively decorated rooms as well as a delicious breakfast and beautiful house.
We had a delightful time. It was a nice break just to get away from the children (although we love them to death) and focus on each other. With not having to get 4 children ready in the morning and take care of them all day, I wasn't nearly as tired at the end of the day. I figured out why I am exhausted at the close of each day. I guess I'm just normal. Shew! That's a relief to know. :-)
I'm privileged to be married to the greatest man! In case you're wondering, he's not perfect, but then neither am I. But he rates #1 on my list.
Being on the mission field, we have gone through so much together. It has been wonderful having someone to share your joys and sorrows with. Through it all, our love has grown stronger and deeper.
We've had a happy 11 years together, not because it just happened that way, but because we worked at it. Marriage is a daily decision. I'm glad that most days I don't have to decide to love him; I "feel" like it. But somedays I do have to decide to love him.
I've been working on listening to the last 2 broadcasts of Dr. Dobson. Wow! It's about a couple that's been married for 52 years. They didn't always feel like staying married either, but they made a commitment and followed through with it. That is the key.
We are determined to stay together and make many more happy memories together. I'm looking forward to the next 30 years with my man. Each day is better than the one before.

1 comment:

Boog said...

Congrats to you two! I understand about the "love" thing. Just put it this way... you love him but some days you just don't like him!! No, I'm married to a wonderful man, too, and we just celebrated our 10th in May. I'd do it all over again....(I think!!!) JK!!