Wednesday, August 02, 2006

If you are smothering in the heat, then you are getting a feel of what we live with nearly everyday in the D.R. Some people think you get used to it, but you don't. You just learn to sweat. The difference is that instead of cooling down in September, the heat continues right through November. It cools down just a bit December through February, then it climbs back up. If we have a day in the 70's, to us it is "cool."

Being here in a normally cooler climate, I can't comprehend how we deal with it. I guess the Lord gives grace when it is necessary. I do know that on a normal day in the D.R. we sweat a lot, drink alot, and are more sluggish. Can anybody guess why we needed a break?

Here are the temperature comparisons.

August 2, 2006 4:20 p.m.

Our hometown, PA:
Temp. - 92 degrees
Feels like - 100 degrees
Dewpoint - 72
Humidity - 52%

Santo Domingo, D.R.
Temp. - 88 degrees
Feels like - 104 degrees
Dewpoint - 81
Humidity - 79%

No comments: